Monday, December 11, 2006

Work! Work! Work!

A few weeks ago I might have mentioned something about a job interview. Well, that job interview went pretty well. In fact, last week I got offered a position as Ph. D. student at the University of Tilburg! That's right folks, I'm heading out for an adventure in the real world. My first concern is finding a place to live in Rotterdam, which is located between my home and friends and Tilburg. I'm starting January 15th, so if you have some knowledge of available livingspace, I would appreciate the heads up!

These are exciting times as you'll understand! For one of the first times in my life I know what I want to do (workwise at least). Perhaps more importantly, I finally have a good enough reason to buy an IPod. I know it's weird, but I'm not a shameless consumer, I have to be able to justify my purchases and now I can! Out with the discman and in with the IPod!!!

In changing times it's always wise to look for words of advice in your music collection. That's exactly what I did and here are some of the findings...

Welcome to the workin' week.
Oh I know it don't thrill you, I hope it don't kill you.
Welcome to the workin' week.
You gotta do it till you're through it so you better get to it.
Elvis Costello - Welcome to the Working Week

I don't wanna grow up,
I'm never getting old.
I'd rather work from 9 to 5
Than drink to stay alive.
I'm gonna stay young until I die!
7 Seconds - Young 'til I Die

We have the best job ever
We really got lucky
We're nobody's robot
We're nobody's monkey
Piebald - The Monkey versus the Robot

No it's not my-not my-not my place
In the 9 to 5 world
Ramones - It's not my Place (in the 9 to 5 world)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gefeliciteerd!!! Ik zal 'ns voor je informeren in R'dam...