Thursday, November 30, 2006

Camera Obscura vs. Belle & Sebastian

The time for end of the year lists is only a month away and I haven't even discussed two of this years finest indiepop releases. Thus, A tad (and not so fashionably) late, I present to you 'Let's Get Out of This Country' by Camera Obscura and 'The Life Pursuit' by Belle & Sebastian.

There are a lot of similarities; both bands are from Glasgow and their music is easily comparable. Camera Obscura is often described as a lesser Belle & Sebastian, but with their latest album they're truly closing the gap. I can't really say which of these two albums I like best. Both albums are full of (so many) insanely catchy pop songs, which makes me wonder why their succes is still limited to the indie scene in a lot of countries. I've put up 2 video's by each band. Earcandy anyone?

Camera Obscura - Lloyd, I'm ready to be heartbroken

Camera Obscura - Let's get out of this country

Belle & Sebastian - Funny little frog

Belle & Sebastian - The blues are still blue

No comments: