Sunday, November 19, 2006

Show Review: David and the Citizens @ Rotown

I like going to shows. Most times, these are shows of bands that I already know and like, but last night I decided to check out a band I'd only heard a couple of songs of: David and the Citizens. The songs that I had heard were ok, nothing that special actually: just plain decent indierock. Therefore I didn't have high (if any at all) expectations for this show.

We were a bit late and missed the beginning of the set, but from the first song to the last this band this band was...really good! I was somewhat surprised by it, but these four sympathetic and humble Swedes put on a great show. With conviction they brought their songs with an energy I was missing in the songs I've heard from them before. Their pop/rock songs filled with the occasional trumpet and keyboards won the crowd over easily (imagine a lot of headbopping and dancing...). The singer told how they played the streets of Rotterdam in the afternoon (awesome!), which got them some money and food. From the number of people in Rotown (much more than I'd expected) I believe that also got some people wanting to check them out.

So, if you ever get the chance to see this band...please do! You won't regret it. For now, watch the two video's below! Click here to check out more of their songs.

No comments: